By clicking on the box below and uploading the student work to the Models of Excellence Site, You acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms below, have the legal rights and authority to upload the student work, have obtained all required consents, and grant EL Education and third-party users the right to use the content in accordance with the licenses granted under these terms and conditions.
Consent and Waiver for Uploaded Material
By having access to, use of, and in uploading materials to the Models of Excellence Site You, on behalf of yourself, your School, and the students you represent, hereby agree to the following:
1. Any student created materials uploaded to the Models of Excellence Site shall be the intellectual property of the students. Once uploaded, such materials shall be licensed to EL Education perpetually. In uploading Content, You acknowledge that EL Education shall be permitted to incorporate any uploaded materials into EL Education’s existing Content, share and distribute uploaded materials with other clients, and otherwise use any such uploaded materials for any business purpose, including commercial use. In order for EL Education and Third-Parties having access to the content on the Models of Excellence site to use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is an original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any third-party rights, that you have the right to give the permissions granted herein for the purposes specified above
2. By sharing Content (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with EL Education you agree to grant EL Education, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way (including modifying and adapting it for commercial, operational and editorial reasons) for EL Education services in any media worldwide. By sharing any contribution on this site you grant Third-Party users a Creative Commons license which may be attached to some EL Content https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode (“Creative Commons Non-Commercial License”). Third parties are permitted to use the content throughout the world without payment for non-commercial purposes in accordance with the Creative Commons Non-Commercial License.
3. Copyright in the Content will remain with its creators and this permission is not exclusive, so You and its creators can continue to use the material in any way and permit its use by others.
4. You represent that prior to uploading the Content to the Models of Excellence site, You have secured the necessary consents, as required by law, from students (their parents or guardians) and teachers for their work to be featured on the Site, in photographs or recordings. You agree to indemnify and hold EL Education, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, employees, successors, licensees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising out of any breach of this provision based on a failure to obtain all necessary consents. You acknowledge that EL Education is relying on this provision in its future use of the content.
5. You represent with regard to the uploaded Content that:
(a) you own or have appropriate rights to use the intellectual property rights subsisting in or relating to the uploaded Content and information;
(b) the Content is not defamatory, derogatory or inappropriate with regard to EL Education, its customers or clients or any other person or organization using EL Education Sites and viewing the content;
(c) the Content does not contain any confidential information about third parties;
(d) the Content does not contain any offensive, obscene or criminal content;
(e) the Content does not contain any personal data about another person including (this list is not exhaustive) names, contact details and sensitive personal data.
You further acknowledge that EL Education is relying on these representations by accepting and posting the Content on the MOE Site.
6. EL Education may, but is not obligated to, review your submissions and may delete or remove (without notice) any Content if it is deemed appropriate to do so, in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, comply with law or legal process, to respond to third party complaints, to enforce the terms and conditions of use of the MOE Site. You acknowledge that EL Education is not responsible for any harm or injury caused by the uploaded content.
7. Any uploaded Content that infringes the rights of any third party (e.g., Content used without express permission of the copyright owner and not otherwise permitted by law) must not be submitted.
8. You alone are responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any Content you post on the Websites or Services, and you authorize EL to make copies of your Content as deemed necessary in order to facilitate the posting of your Content on the Site.
9. You may request the removal of your Content from the MOE Site at any time, and EL will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such Content; provided, however, that EL can remove any such Content only from its Websites and is not responsible for removing Content from email archives, wiki history pages and similar community forums where you may post content, or others’ computers. I
10. If you choose to remove your Content, the license you granted EL and third-parties when submitting such Content will remain in full force and effect in accordance with its terms.